Dr Andrew Wilson
|telephone||+61 3 9288 2675|
|facsmilie||+61 3 9288 2581|
|andrew.wilson @ svhm.org.au|
Dr Andrew Wilson is an NHMRC Neil Hamilton Fairley Research Fellow with research interests in vascular biology, focused on the role of insulin resistance and obesity on vascular cell function. He returned to the Department in 2007 after working at the Falk Cardiovascular Research Institute, Stanford University as a post-doctoral fellow in vascular biology/stem cell biology in the lab of Professor John Cooke. Andrew also works as a clinician in the field of cardiology.
University of Melbourne find an expert profile
Consultant Cardiologist. Completed fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Stanford University Medical Center.
MBBS FRACP PhD
- Sung K-C, Ryan MC, Wilson AM. The Severity of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease is Associated with Increased Cardiovascular Risk in a Large Cohort of Non-Obese Asian Subjects. Atherosclerosis (In press, 2008)
- Wilson A, Harada R, Nair N, Balasubramanian N & Cooke JP. 2007. L-arginine supplementation in peripheral arterial disease: no benefit and possible harm. Circulation. 116 (2): 188-95.
- Wilson A, Kimura E, Harada RK, Nair N, Narasimhan B, Meng X, Zhang F, Beck KR, Olin JW, Fung ET & Cooke JP. 2007. 2-microglobulin as a biomarker in peripheral arterial disease: proteomic profiling and clinical studies. Circulation. 116 (12): 1396-403.
- Wilson A, Swan JD, Ding H, Zhang Y, Whitbourn R, Gurry J, Yii M, Wilson AC, Hill M, Triggle C, Best J & Jenkins A. 2007. Widespread vascular production of C-reactive protein (CRP) and a relationship between serum CRP, plaque CRP and intimal hypertrophy. Atherosclerosis. 191 (1): 175-81.
- Wilson AM. Are Vascular Function Measurements Ready for the Clinic? European Heart J. 2006 Feb; 27(3):255-7.
- Wang Z, Knight S, Wilson A, Rowley K, Best J, Mcdermott R, Leonard D, Shaw JE & O'Dea K. 2006. Blood pressure and hypertension for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. 13 (3): 438-43.
- Wilson A, Ryan MC & Boyle A. 2006. The novel role of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular disease: Risk marker or pathogen. International Journal of Cardiology. 106 (3): 291-297.
- Nelson CL, Karschimkus C, Dragicevic G, Packham DK, Wilson AM, Becker G, O'Neal DN, Best JD & Jenkins A. 2005. Systemic and vascular inflammation is elevated in early IgA and Type 1 diabetic nephropathies and relates to vascular disease risk factors and renal function. Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation. 20 (11): 2420-2426.
- Ryan MC, Wilson AM, Slavin JL, Best JD, Jenkins A & Desmond PV. 2005. Associations between Liver Histology & Severity of the Metabolic Syndrome in Subjects with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Diabetes Care. 28: 1222-12224.