Dr Allison Hodge
|telephone||+61 3 9288 2676|
|facsmilie||+61 3 9288 3652|
|ahodge @ medstv.unimelb.edu.au|
In 2007 Allison was appointed as a Research Fellow at the University of Melbourne (Department of Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital). Prior to that she had worked for 9 years at the Cancer Council Victoria, during which time she completed her PhD looking at diet related risk factors for type 2 diabetes in the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort. Allison's main interests are around diet as a risk factor for obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
University of Melbourne find an expert profile
Member of Australian Diabetes Society, Nutrition Society of Australia, Australasian Epidemiological Association, Australian and New Zealand Obesity Society; reviewer for NHMRC and the Health Research Council (NZ) grants; national and international journals: Nutrition an Dietetics, Am J Clin Nutr, Nutr, Metab & Cardiovasc Dis, Brit J Nutr, Annals of Human Biol, Diabetes, Diabetologia, Public Health Nutr.
BAgSc (Hons) BSc Grad Dip Nutr Diet MEnvSc Grad Dip Epidemiol Biostats PhD
- Harriss LR, English D, Powles J, Giles GG, Tonkin AM, Hodge A, Brazionis L & O'Dea K. 2007. Dietary patterns and cardiovascular mortality in the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 86 (1): 221-9.
- Hodge A, English D, O'Dea K & Giles G. 2007. Dietary patterns and diabetes incidence in the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study. American Journal of Epidemiology. 165 (6): 603-610.
- Hodge A, English D, O'Dea K, Sinclair AJ, Makrides M, Gibson RA & Giles G. 2007. Plasma phospholipid and dietary fatty acids as predictors of type 2 diabetes: interpreting the role of linoleic acid. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 86 (1): 189-97.
- Hodge A, Simpson J, Gibson RA, Sinclair AJ, Makrides M, O'Dea K, English D & Giles G. 2007. Plasma phospholipid fatty acid composition as a biomarker of habitual dietary fat intake in an ethnically diverse cohort. Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases. 17 (6): 415-26.
- Vu H, Robman L, Hodge A, Mccarty C & Taylor H. 2006. Lutein and Zeaxanthin and the risk of cataract: The Melbourne Visual Impairment Project. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science. 47 (9): 3783-3786.
- Coyne T, Ibiebele TI, Mcnaughton S, Rutishauser IHE, O'Dea K, Hodge A, Mcclintock C, Findlay M & Lee A. 2005. Evaluation of brief dietary questions to estimate vegetable and fruit consumption - using serum carotenoids and red-cell folate. Public Health Nutrition. 8 (3): 298-308.
- Giles G, Simpson J, English DR, Hodge AM, Gertig D, Macinnis R & Hopper JL. 2005. Dietary carbohydrate, fibre, glycaemic index, glycaemic load and the risk of postmenopausal breast cancer. International Journal of Cancer. 118: 1843-1847.
- English DR, Macinnis R, Hodge AM, Hopper J, Haydon A & Giles G. 2004. Red meat, chicken, and fish consumption and risk of colorectal cancer. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 13 (9): 1509-1514.
- Hodge A, English D, O'Dea K & Giles G. 2004. Glycemic index and dietary fiber and the risk of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 27 (11): 2701-2706.
- Hodge A, English D, O'Dea K & Giles G. 2004. Increased diabetes incidence in Greek and Italian migrants to Australia. Diabetes Care. 27: 2330-2334.